USGE requires a Case Management Assistant (CMA)
USGE requires a Case Management Assistant (CMA). This is an indeterminate position. An invitation to apply in this competitive process is being made to:
- employees of U.S.G.E. (Unifor Local 2025)
THE LOCATION: National Headquarters, U.S.G.E., Ottawa, Ontario
Reporting to the Head of Information Management, the Case Management Assistant (CMA) provides case management and administrative support to the labour relations team. Major responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- co-ordinates the processing of both hard copy and electronic grievance documentation, letters, memos, reports and agreements
- answering inquiries regarding the status of grievances and hearing dates;
- contacting the grievor, grievance coordinator or local executive to obtain missing information that is required by the Labour Relations Officer;
- communicating with outside agencies regarding follow-up activities, e.g. scheduling meetings;
- composing routine correspondence;
The successful candidate will have a college diploma in office administration, legal secretarial studies or the equivalent. Minimum of 3 years relevant experience ideally, in a legal or labour case management related environment. As well as:
- Fluently bilingual in French and English, and excellent writing skills in both.
- In-depth knowledge of various software programs (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel).
- Excellent administrative abilities, strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, confidential and sensitive environment and work effectively under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Collaborative, open-minded and creative in a team-oriented setting.
- Adaptability, initiative, sound judgment, tact, and reliability.
- Positive attitude, results oriented, dynamic and highly motivated.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- $57,762 - $65,013. Starting salary dependent upon qualifications. Conditions and benefits as negotiated between the Union of Solicitor General Employees and the Unifor Local 2025 will apply.
Applications and complete with curriculum vitae, should be submitted by 4:00 p.m., Friday May 29, 2015 by email to Danielle Fawcett, Head of Information management at email@example.com
Interviews will take place on June 3rd and 4th 2015.