USGE requires a Director of Finance and Administration
The Director of Finance and Administration reports directly to the National President and develops, implements and monitors all aspects of the Union of Solicitor General Employees (USGE) full accounting cycle. This position is an active member of the management team, manages the Finance Officer, Administrative Assistant and is responsible for the USGE Human Resources and Operations Administration.
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA,CGA or CMA) or evidence of working towards obtaining certification
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and revenue/cash flow forecasting techniques, financial statement analysis including key trends analysis, project costing techniques, and sound financial controls
- Strategic and business planning skills and an ability to apply financial / business acumen knowledge to operational plans
- Advanced skills in Accounting Software
- 7 years of progressive advancement in financial, operations and human resource management
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in human resources
- Prides themselves on integrity and accuracy in their work
- Strong consultative skills and flexible team player who works well under pressure with good judgment, effective time management, good organizational skills and the ability to meet firm deadlines
- Ability to foster and maintain amicable relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written skills
$102,211 to $115,586, salary dependent upon qualifications. There may be a requirement for some travel.
PERIOD: This position is being advertised to fill an indeterminate/permanent need.
LOCATION: National Headquarters, U.S.G.E., Ottawa, Ontario
The successful candidate will be required to consent to and successfully pass a credit and criminal reference check prior to being offered the position.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Chantal Prud'Homme at PrudHoC@psac-afpc.com by May 15, 2015. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.