Web Developer Designer (Interaction Design)
Invitation to apply in this competitive process is being made to:
- employees of U.S.G.E. (Unifor Local 2025)
- employees of the P.S.A.C. and its Components
- U.S.G.E. members in good standing
- The general public
Closing Date: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 3:30pm
Employment type: Part- time term position up to 12 months. Hours: 14 hours a week.
In consultation with the National President and through regular collaboration with other Senior Managers, the Web Developer and Designer plans and develops enhancements to USGEs online presence in support of the USGE mission. The incumbent will employ advanced, hands-on, technical skills associated with an experienced and successful web developer/designer.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in: Interaction, Multimedia, Graphic or Interface Design.
- Three or more years of experience designing and developing a minimum of 25 interactive websites for a range of clients.
- Experience working with groups and making presentations
- Experience with media analysis and data mining.
- Extensive knowledge of interactive web design
- Strong eye for design, trends and technologies
- Strong analytic, reporting, problem-solving skills and issue resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of branding and how it carries across multiple channels
- Expert attention to detail, and an eye for catching inconsistencies
- Must work well independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage and take ownership of numerous projects simultaneously
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure and respond to urgent requests in a positive manner
- Personal Suitability
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship skills and ability to identify needs and develop solutions for a diverse group of users.
- A strong orientation toward client services;
- Judgement, Reliability, Integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime
- Ability and willingness to travel in Canada
- $69,917 to $78,692 (prorated to 27,966 to 31,476 for 2 days a week).Salary dependent upon qualifications.Conditions and benefits, including pay rates, as negotiated between the Union of Solicitor General Employees and UNIFOR Local 2025 will apply.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening board and a decision to interview a candidate will be based on the content of the application.Please include links to websites. Candidates will be requested to attend an interview. Any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the individual candidate. Interviews will be held on August 21 and 22, 2014 in Ottawa
Applications will be received until 3:30 p.m. EST, August 15, 2014 addressed to:
Director of Operations
Union of Solicitor General Employees
Suite 603, 233 Gilmour Street Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0P2